Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Summer Blockbusters Make Me Crazy!

If you are a fan of things exploding and kid movies you probably are not going to like my post. However, I have to say that the list of movies that have come out this summer are driving me over the edge. If it doesn't have explosions, robots, aliens, little blue people, talking animals, or cars then it is just not a summer hit. Right? Think about it, Cowboys & Aliens, Cars, Smurfs, Caption America, Green Lantern, Transformers, Super 8, Harry Potter and lets not forget this weeks release Planet of the Apes. Now I know most summer movies are like this, and lets face it if the movie doesn't have these elements then it is not coming to a theatre near me. So those of you that have more options you better embrace it!

The other night we watched A Streetcar Named Desire, it stars Marlon Brando a.k.a. the Godfather, and Vivien Leigh a.k.a Scarlett O'Hara from Gone With the Wind, who won an Oscar for both of these performances. I sat there through the whole movie and was glued to the T.V. This movie is 60 years old, and it has been the best movie I have seen all summer. Now, I am warning you it is not a fuzzy good feeling movie. However, it is going on my favorite movie list. So, if you are in need of a break from all the explosions and aliens rent it!

No comments:

Post a Comment